SOBs NYC, known in full as 'Sounds of Brazil New York City', is a premier music venue dedicated to world music. Located in the SoHo neighborhood, SOBs first opened its doors to the public in 1982, and was designed with a view to sharing the music of the Afro-Latina diaspora. Today, the venue is both locally and nationally renowned as the place to go for the absolute finest in World Music, as well as an array of other genres.
NYC's SOBs features two bars, a stage, a dance floor, a full kitchen and an enticing menu - everything you need for a successful and culturally rich night on the town! The venue's unique and intimate setting is popular with both music fans and performers alike. Indeed, many artists have gone on to see huge international acclaim off the back of an appearance on the SOBs schedule; John Legend, Kanye West and Erykah Badu to name but a few.
SOBs is proud to call itself, the "Home of Universal Music" and one look at its schedule proves that the name is more than appropriate. Haitian, Brazilian, R&B, Caribbean, Latin, Hip-Hop and World Music are all particular favorites on the SOBs schedule, but the venue also caters to much, much more.
Embrace the diversity of NYC by stopping by this SoHo hotspot. Make Eventful your source for all the latest news and up-to-date event information from SOBs, and start planning your trip by checking out the schedule right here!
Top Posts & Pages
- Exclusive Look At Urban Beach Week Security Measures
- Home Section
- Grief Counselors At A Broward High School After Soccer Star Commits Suicide
- Zimmerman Defense Releases Trayvon Martin Photos, Texts
- Suspect Accidently Calls 911, Recording His Murder Plan
- Miami Weather
- Troubling Trend Of Thigh Gaps Gaining Popularity
- Security Measures, Road Closures On Miami Beach Begin For Holiday Weekend
- EXCLUSIVE: New Video Shows "Party Princess" Hour Before Deadly Crash
- Teen Lesbian Rejects Plea Deal Over School Affair